With the need to come up with a steady, yet sufficient source of income, a lot of people have resorted to starting their own businesses. Some prefer to find a place to rent out and put up a store where they can sell their own products. Others opt to come up some type of home-based business they can run from the comfort of their own home. When it comes to finding the most convenient means to become an entrepreneur, home-based businesses are viewed as being the best type to work with.
Maybe you’re a home-based baker and would like to sell your pastries and other goodies without renting out a store. Maybe you’re an Internet geek and would like to use your online skills. A home-based business is the best way to find a sustainable income without the hassles of spending a great deal of money to set up a shop, hiring a lot of people to help run it and paying for the various permits and other forms of administrative red tape necessary to be able to operate legally.
Internet businesses are very much in demand lately. The fact that these businesses can allow people to stay at home and still be able to work and earn a living is what makes them really attractive to many people. But what is an Internet business and what are the benefits you can get out of it?
Internet businesses require a consistent Internet connection, a highly creative and tactical mind, above average negotiating skills and enough free time to monitor your business. Internet businesses are mostly home based which means that someone can manage and develop their virtual business from the safety and comfort of their own home. Their employees can also stay home and can work full or part time. But if you still want an office setting, you can still start an Internet business and rent out an office space where you and your employees can work if you really want to do it that way. Many businesses started from home, eventually grew too big and had to expand operations into larger premises.
There are a few types of Internet-based businesses that can give you an opportunity to earn reasonable money if you build them properly. They include Affiliate marketing, Article marketing, membership websites, email marketing, video marketing, and offering services and products just to name a few. What kind of Internet business model should you go for? Well, it depends on your interests and your skills.
Top 7 Benefits of Starting an Internet Business Like any other type of business, starting one that’s Internet based has its own benefits. If you read on, you’ll understand why this is the best business for you.
1. You can spend more time with your family. It’s a great way to have time to focus on your job and still have enough time to spend with the family. This is a luxury you can afford to have on a daily basis. Wouldn’t it be nice to see your kids and attend to their needs while earning big bucks on the side?
2. Your working hours are extremely flexible. With your very own Internet business, you will no longer worry about waking up really in the morning just to cook breakfast, drive your kids to school and then spend all-day
under constant pressure in an office environment. Now, you will have all the time in the world to manage your business. Choose the most productive time that suits you and you’re all set!
3. The possibility of earning a lot of money is not too difficult to grasp. This means that you can choose to handle lots of clients at once and potentially earn big money or you can be fussy and pick and choose who you work with. In fact, compared to working a typical job where you work from 9am to 5pm and earn a fixed salary, an Internet business gives you an opportunity to earn a lot without slaving away for countless
hours at your desk.
4. The start-up cost can be minimal. If you compare the costs of starting your own bricks-and-mortar business, setting up an Internet-based business is easier and more affordable. Instead of renting out an office space and hiring lots of employees, why not start an Internet business where you don’t need a lot of people to work for you and you’re not required to find an office to run? Believe it or not, you can set this type of business up in your own bedroom or attic. As long as you have a fast,
stable Internet connection, you’re good to go.
5. Your business doesn’t need a 24 hour go-to guy to make it work. This means you don’t need to stay up late to constantly watch your website. Once your site is up and running, you decide when to check it. You can do so after you have had a good night’s sleep, regardless of the time.
6. You don’t need to leave home to go to work. Online or Internet businesses don’t require you to commute or drive to and from an office
just to get some work done. So you can now remove gas, carpool and bus allowances from your budget list, because you can work at home and start earning an income.
7. You can easily measure your personal growth and that of your business. Since you can personally monitor every deal that you close and every
client you lose, you’ll know how well your Internet business is doing. Create a chart where you can calculate your profits, losses and overall income.
An Internet business can turn your entrepreneurial dreams into reality. With a lot of determination, a bucket of creativity, and a box full of patience, you will be able to reap all these business benefits and more!
Did this catch your attention? Well, if you’re now convinced you would like to take on the challenge of starting and running your very own Internet business, what you need to do is to find out how you can do it in the most stress-free manner.
Starting Your Own Internet Business
Starting your own home-based Internet business is not just about having a steady Internet connection or the most high-tech and sophisticated laptop or desktop. There are actually a lot of steps to take to make sure you set up your business properly.
Having a plan to earn more money is one thing, but doing something about it is another. In order to start your Internet based home business, you must meticulously assess the situation and decide whether you are in this for the long haul or if it’s just a phase you’re going through.
7 Things to Consider When Starting your Own Internet Business
1. It’s essential that you have short, medium and long-term goals to achieve success. This means thinking about exactly what you need to achieve things within a week, a month, six months, a year, five years and so on. If you don’t always have goals, once you achieve your current goals, you’ll start to flounder because you have nothing to focus on. You can even set goals for the next 10 to 20 years.
2. Identify all the things you are good at. This means you have to know the things that you can do on the Internet. List them down and analyze which ones you would like to do in the long term. Your list should also include your web-related hobbies such as photo editing, blogging and photo-blogging.
3. Make sure that you have a strategy when it comes to starting your own business. Every detail included in your business plan should be studied and reviewed on a regular basis to see if you are right on track or if you need to do some tweaking (which is normal as a business grows).
4. Identify what types of services and/or products you’ll be selling to potential clients. It’s advisable to focus on a small number of things, to begin with, and you can always expand if you achieve early successes. You can’t afford to jeopardize the quality and efficiency of your work by trying to do too much.
5. You must know what you want your website to look like. This means that you need to make sure that the layout is properly arranged, your products and services all have good descriptions, your contact details, payments options and a myriad of other factors that all go into the creation of a successful website.
6. Customer service is also something you need to focus on. Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean you need to hire more people to manage your customer support section of your website. You can do that yourself but it’s vital that you always check to see if there’s anything that needs a response. Set it to send you automatic emails.
7. Look for a mentor; someone who can give you answers to all your business-related questions. Of course, you can find some of the information that you need, online. But nothing beats the information and best practices that you’ll learn from someone who has been in your shoes and has successfully established their own Internet-based business.
Remember that there will be a time when all you have to do is to connect to the Internet and start reeling in the cash but that’s possibly a long way down the track. So be patient and check out the following steps to start your business.
Starting An Internet Business In Three Steps
You might find starting your own business scary and a little bit intimidating. But if you follow these three steps, you can set up your business with solid foundations and slowly develop a successful business.
1. Decide on a business model. There are several business models you can pursue. You might even feel overwhelmed, but don’t worry. In this eBook we will share some of the more popular models that has proven to work. You’ll then be able to decide which model to pursue. To name a couple of popular choices, there’s affiliate marketing that involves promoting a product or service for a share of the sale. Typically, most affiliate programs are commission based. Another business model is product creation that involves creating a digital product such as an eBook, like this eBook you’re reading now.
2. Decide what you want to sell. After choosing a business model that you prefer, it’s time to decide what you want to sell. Let’s use affiliate marketing as an example. What product or service do you want to promote? Clickbank.com (http://www.clickbank.com) has tens of thousands of digital products that you can promote as an affiliate. You can promote e-business products, health & fitness, spiritual products and more. The best way to decide on what to sell is to start with your passion. What are you passionate about? What is it that really drives you to get up in the morning? You’ll find out that doing something you actually love makes it a lot more fun and interesting.
If you are going to go for the “services” route, you need to decide on
what you want to offer as a service. Are you good at writing? How about designing? These types of services can be offered to potential clients.
3. Create or prepare your offer. Let’s say you go the product creation route. The next step is to create your product. If it’s an eBook you’re creating, either write it or outsource your writing (more on this topic will be explained in the product creation section). As a general guide, if you have time, create the product yourself. On the contrary, if you don’t have time, outsource it. Both paths have its own pros and cons, but more will be explained in this eBook.
Obviously, without exposure you won’t make any sales, so you need traffic. Follow the next three steps to make sure you make sales and keep your Internet business growing.
Three Important Points To Keep Your Internet Business Growing
Running an Internet business is not just about maintaining your website, it’s also about growing your business so that you can profit in the long run. Here are three essential points to making sure your business stays strong.
1. Attract More Traffic. No, this doesn’t involve driving around town avoiding city traffic. The term means increasing the number of times people come to your website through searches and links on other sites because they’re looking for the goods and/or services you have to offer. This requires you to find as many ways of attracting traffic as you can because there are never any guarantees that one method for getting more traffic will even work, let alone work well enough to bring in plenty of extra business. You can use article marketing, email marketing, pay-per-click marketing, solo ads and other methods to help get more people to check out your website and hopefully spend some money while there.
2. Make sales. Once you have people visiting your site, you should start seeing sales happening because it means people are finding you through your advertising methods. The amount of money you earn will depend on how many people visit your site and how much they’re prepared to spend each time they visit. Repeat customers are the best so always look after every client you attract. Eventually you should start to make regular sales and, if you’re lucky, you can earn a decent income but it won’t happen overnight.
3. Keep your clients coming back for more. Making the right first impression on your clients will get you that first sale. But you always need to be thinking about how to get more business from every customer that you have as well as attracting more customers. It’s critical to care for customers you have because it’s far easier to keep a customer than to find a new one. Do everything you can to outdo your competitors in every possible way so that your customers have no
reason to go elsewhere.
Internet Business Models
Of course, Internet businesses are not just about one model. This means there are numerous types for you to choose from. Surely, there would be one that would suit your interests and complement your skills.
In reality, the Internet can give you countless possibilities in terms of starting a business and earning money. This book will focus on the eight most popular ones. These are known to have launched thousands of Internet businesses all over the world.
This model is all about the team work between a website owner and online sellers and retailers. The income will be shared by the two affiliates through web advertisements posted by merchants on the owner’s website. How will you earn through this model? Well, income is usually generated through visitors clicking the web ad or through purchases from clients who have visited the owner’s website.
Three Types of Affiliate Marketing
• Pay per Sale Affiliate Marketing – this will allow the affiliate or the website owner (you) to earn big money from sales completed through the advertisements on your website. The merchants will monitor the activity on your website through their sales. Every time they close deals
done through the ad on your site, you’ll receive a percentage of the income or a fixed commission, depending on the number of sales that they close. One example is Clickbank.com
• Pay Per Click Affiliate Marketing – this model is all about linking the merchant’s website to your own website. Say the merchant pays to have their ad posted on your page. Every time a visitor clicks the link that leads to your affiliate merchant’s page, you’ll earn a fixed amount.
• Pay per Lead Affiliate Marketing – known as the highest revenue generating form of affiliate marketing in the world of Internet business. Since you’ll be accepting advertisements posted on your website for extra income, you also open yourself to better chances of earning more money. Leads coming from the ads or links on your websites will be paid good money.
How are payments made?
Payments may come in instantly or on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. The payments will be based on the amount that you and your affiliate merchant have agreed upon for each deal. There are several ways to get your payments. One is via electronic banking by way of payment or financial websites. Money can also be wired through to your personal bank account – this can also be done online or through direct bank deposits. A regular check can be mailed to you. Another popular way to receive payments is via PayPal.
What Skills do you need to Start an Affiliate Marketing Business?
You really do not need a lot of skills when it comes to starting this business model. Although you need enough knowledge about pay-per-click marketing, backlinking, and copywriting, as long as you have the determination to be the best at web marketing, you stand a good chance of succeeding.
Advantages of the Affiliate Marketing Model
Affiliate marketing is quite beneficial to anyone who wants to start an Internet-based business. These benefits would bring in more clients and money to help keep your business in the black.
You don’t need to be skilled and creative when coming up with your own products. As a matter of fact, having your own website, managing it on a regular basis and accepting advertisements to be posted on your page are all things you can do to earn money. This also means you don’t need to spend a lot of time in the planning stages of your business. As soon as you have your website up and running live, you can start looking for clients and advertisers and start reeling in more cash!
1. You don’t need to spend too much money to start the business. There aren’t generally major financial risks involved to join and get more clients. Affiliates won’t be asked to pay fees just to advertise and accept clients.
2. You can earn money even when sleeping. Who doesn’t want to earn more cash in the middle of the night? No one! So if you want to make money without the need to stay on the computer 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, affiliate marketing is definitely the right Internet business model for you. Imagine this – you’ll continue to earn money even if you’re not online, through visitors clicking on the links and ads posted on your website. How cool is that?
3. It’s one of the easiest ways to earn big bucks. Whether you are in this as a part time source of income or as a long term business, affiliate marketing is still one of the best ways to make money by running your very own business. Since there are thousands of merchants selling their products and services online, you can take advantage of this market to do well.
4. You will always be up-to-date with what’s going on in the world of Internet marketing. This is a great opportunity for you to find or create different products and services to feature on your website. You will have a chance to invest in better techniques to improve your business and increase your chances of earning money.
5. You will also have a chance to work with other affiliate marketers by linking each of your sites together and increasing your earnings ten-fold.
The Downside to Affiliate Marketing
Although it’s likely that you can earn good money through affiliate marketing down the track, there are a couple of downsides to this model that you should know and once you have all this information, you can devise the perfect plan to avoid these problems from happening.
1. As an affiliate, you may fall victim to misleading advertisements and, in turn, you may be accused of deceiving clients. To make sure that you keep this from happening, you have to screen all your clients, verify their products and check if their actual websites are legit. You
also need to discuss every detail concerning the affiliation before finalizing the deal.
2. You will stop earning without prior notice. This can happen if you do not regularly communicate with your merchants. Some clients would stop or discontinue production without informing their affiliates so be sure to stay in touch with your merchants and avoid this problem.
3. If you’re into affiliate marketing, your site is also prone to fall victim to affiliate hijackers. So instead of you getting all your hard earned money, these scammers will be taking all the credit instead.
It is important that you research everything that concerns affiliate marketing including which type will best be suited to you, the way to keep your clients happy and exactly what methods you’ll use to earn money.
Since the arrival of online shopping websites, people have grown accustomed to buying what they need off the Internet. Whether they want to order custom-made cakes for special occasions, buy home décor or if they’re looking for the perfect gifts, online auction sites and shopping websites such as eBay and Amazon.com, can easily be their virtual shopping mall.
If you are looking for the best way to earn money and get rid of all your unused pieces of furniture and other personal belongings, eBay is the perfect answer. This can also be your ultimate market where you can sell your hand crafted accessories and other items as well as things you may
buy from other countries such as clothes, jewelry and new electronic devices.
How eBay works
You need to understand how this system works and how to set up an account to start buying and selling items on the website. This online auction site also boasts that it’s the most fun way to showcase your creative talents and earn a little extra on the side. This is how you can start your own eBay account and sell your products to the world.
• The first thing you need to do is create your own eBay account. You have to submit the required personal information such as your complete name, name of business, your contact information and your payment options.
• Be ready to answer all inquiries from potential customers. You have to regularly check your eBay account to respond to questions. If you have a fast response rate, it’s more likely that lots of visitors will check out your listings because they’re interested in what you are selling. It also helps if you’ll already include plenty of product, shipping and policy-related questions and answers so they don’t always need to contact you.
• Be familiar with the different policies that involve selling personal and commercial items online. It is important that you do not break any laws and that you know a lot about the products you sell. List all product-specific information that might be needed including:
manufacture date, expiration date (if applicable) and the place where the products were made.
• If you plan to sell items that belong in separate categories, you should create your own listings. You also need to determine the manner by which you will be pricing your items. You can do it via an auction where potential buyers can bid on specific items they want. On the other hand, you can go for the more traditional way of selling where you assign a set price to each item you wish to sell.
• You can sell the same products but in different colors or sizes within the same category. EBay also has their own listings which you can use for your items and categories.
• You also need to monitor your listings. Regularly check your account and find out if people are viewing your account or if they have submitted orders or inquiries.
• Lastly, be sure to close the deal with your buyers properly. Provide them all the details that they need, especially the modes of payment and the turnaround time for delivery.
What should you keep in mind when selling on eBay?
Since doing business online is becoming more popular, it is high time that you join the bandwagon and start selling your products on eBay as well. But before you start uploading your products online, be sure you know what
you’re doing, watch out for scams and be wary of making bad sales decisions.
Tip 1. Research is the key to a successful eBay business. It’s natural that you’ll find similar products posted so check out your opposition so you can compete properly and don’t miss out on potential sales. If you find similar products, it will also help you determine whether the products you intend to sell are popular from the viewpoint of buyers and auctioneers. This will also give you an idea as to whether you should continue selling those products or you sell something different.
Tip 2. Take pictures and post them online. Contrary to what some people believe, pictures reveal a lot when it comes to convincing people that a product is worth buying. Just like when you go to a new restaurant, before ordering a specific dish you’ll look at any available pictures. Needless to say, people still eat with their eyes. If the food doesn’t look appetizing, there’s no way you’ll order it. The same applies to eBay selling. Potential buyers first take a look at photos of each product before deciding if the items are worth buying. So be sure to post photos of what you’re selling to attract more buyers.
Tip 3. Provide multiple payment options. Buyers will look for better, easier payment options when purchasing products online. So aside from money grams, transfers, direct deposits and online payment websites, be sure that you can also accept payments made through credit and debit cards.
Tip 4. Be professional when dealing with clients. Keep your mind focused on making money and also creating loyal customers out of your buyers through professional, honest customer service. Make sure that every detail posted online is true. Do not overcharge your clients. Respond to your client’s queries and feedback as quickly as you can. This also includes your ability to accept feedback, both positive and negative.
Tip 5. Provide a detailed description of each product to give your customers an idea of what to expect when they order the item. As with posting good pictures, convince more buyers to visit your page and purchase each item with creative, yet accurately descriptive, articles or posts.
Pros and Cons of Selling on eBay and Online Auctions
Selling hand crafted or imported products is easy when you do it on eBay. The fact that this is a virtual shop accessible to anybody with an Internet connection means that your products can be easily viewed and purchased. This is one of the best sources of income for those who would like to earn extra money by selling products online.
You do not need to have highly technical skills to start an account on eBay or any other online auction site. If you have a steady Internet connection, a little knowledge about navigating through the World Wide Web and a determined personality, you can set up an Internet business based on this model.
As with any business model, there are also downsides to using eBay and other online auctions to earn a living. One is the fees that are charged for advertising and selling. This can affect the amount of money that you’ll be earning. Another thing, there’s no guarantee that you’ll make fast or consistent money. Since this is like setting up a physical store, you’ll never know when sales will come in. It does help if you’re already established and you have received a lot of positive feedback about your customer service as well as the products you’re selling.
If you think that finding a profitable market is difficult, think again. Did you know that using your innate talents, skills and hobbies can help you earn money? Through an Internet business model known as product creation, you’ll be able to start your own home-based business, increase your income and have fun on the side.
What is Product Creation?
Product creation can be done through several means; one is by selling eBooks. These online books can be about almost anything. With your creative mind and writing skills, you can write instructional, informative ebooks that your readers and maybe even advertising firms can purchase. If you are into trivia, history, or current events, your skills can still be useful in writing online books for people to read and purchase.
You can also start creating video and audio training materials and other instructional guides and sell them online. Teasers for each should be posted on your own website and/or social networking sites to entice people to read, watch, listen and purchase your audio or video “books.” You can easily find audio book contents online. As a matter of fact, you can even base them on your hobbies, interests and current events.
Selling software can also be a great way to earn a living. If you are into software programming, you can sell your designs over the Internet. You can look for new projects on oDesk.com and other similar freelancing sites where employers and job seekers meet to find virtual work connections.
How to Start an Internet Business Using the Product Creation Model
Starting this type of business can be achieved by following these three guidelines. These steps will help you create the perfect products to sell online.
Step 1. Invest in your strengths. Create a list of the technical and Internet related skills at which you excel. Next, write down all the things that you enjoy doing, such as baking, writing, blogging or photo editing. If you’re good at marketing and developing programs that organize and edit pictures, these skills would help you set up your new Internet based business.
Step 2. Narrow down your list and come up with a plan of action to find out your target market. Study the specifics of the line of business you have chosen to find out what level of competition you’ll have.
Step 3. Now you have chosen and created the product that you want to sell, it’s time to develop a strategy to attract more buyers. One way is to post your products on your own website. You can also offer the articles, programs and tutorials on classified sites such as Craigslist or Gumtree and freelancing sites such as ELance, oDesk and Freelancer. Offer affordable packages for your software and throw in a bunch of freebies as extra enticements if possible.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Product Creation Model
Starting a product creation business can be advantageous because you can get to do the things you’re good at and enjoy. Not only will you be able to reach out to many people through an Internet business such as this, you will also be able to hone your skills and get your creative juices flowing at the same time.
Although it is not a guarantee that you will earn money quickly, which is considered as one of the downsides of product creation, earning a lot of money from your sales is possible. You also need to be really good at what you do and be open to improving your skills to help you continue generating lots of sales.
Offering Services on the Internet
This is the perfect option for moms and dads to stay home and spend more time with the family. Offering services on the Internet is seriously being considered as one of the best and the easiest Internet business models in the world of online jobs and businesses.
How to Start Offering Services on the Internet
It is quite easy to do this. You do not need to be a college graduate to be successful in this business. If you have a knack for writing, website design, marketing or anything else similar, this job is definitely for you. Check out the different websites where you can hunt for potential employers looking for writers, bloggers, designers and marketing experts to hire on a part
time, full-time or freelance basis.
So what services can you offer online? Well, aside from writing website content material and articles, you can also write for blogs, create news ads, magazine articles, promotional material, product descriptions, website design, and creation, or get involved in the marketing side of the business. If you think that your options are limited to writing and designing, then you are mistaken. Now that more and more businesses of all sizes are using the Internet to create virtual teams of experts, you can now find jobs that look for virtual assistants, recruiters, telemarketers, accountants and so the list goes on. Craigslist and oDesk can be your best friends when it comes to finding “service-related” job postings.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Offering Services on the Internet
Finding a job online has never been this easy. With the help of websites offering a wide variety of jobs on the Internet, you now have the opportunity to find a well paying job that allows you to work from home. Another positive aspect about this type of business is that you can easily get paid good money, even if you are working for just one employer. If you are looking for more options to make money, you can choose to work for numerous clients without being reprimanded or going against company policy. You also have flexible working hours which means you will have more time for yourself or to spend it with your kids.
The downside to this is that some fake clients are looking for new victims. Some writers don’t get paid after writing several articles for a fraudulent company. Some clients also offer really low rates because they know thousands of freelance writers looking for jobs. Just be cautious about who you deal with. It would be best to review
employment feedback and client ratings on the website to make sure that you will not be denied payment for your work.
No, marketing is not just about going house to house promoting your products and services or paying thousands of dollars just to have a TV or radio commercial aired to let people know you are launching a product. Now, with the help of the Internet, business owners, manufacturers and home-based job seekers will find that marketing can be done without spending too much money and at the same time being able to earn extra money.
Types of Internet Marketing
There are actually three types of Internet marketing and this book will discuss each one in detail. Then you’ll have enough information to help you decide whether this business is for you and if you will benefit more from one, two or maybe all three types.
1. Video Marketing
This advertising strategy is similar to how television ads promote a specific product or service. The only difference is that video marketing is now making its way to the digital world. It is viewed to reinforce an existing marketing campaign to help remind Internet surfers of available products. You can also earn more money by accepting advertisements that you can include in your video postings.
Advantages of Video Marketing
Social Media Friendly
It doesn’t take a genius to know that videos about product promotions and endorsements can be spread through social media. As a matter of fact, people can even hire social networking fanatics to spread videos by posting them on their walls and tagging their friends as well. Imagine a Facebook wall without tagged posts in forms of movie trailers, music videos, slide shows and product endorsements. It would be super boring and utterly plain.
This is considered to be one of the friendliest marketing strategies in terms of working within your budget. So if you are looking for a cheaper way to further promote and support your existing advertising campaigns, these videos can help you in a really big way. Posting on social networking sites
such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace or Orkut is completely free. Merchants can work with you by paying you a commission just to have their products advertised through your videos on YouTube.
Forget about using old-school flyers and sticky posters to market your business, services, or creations. You now have an option to advertise in style through Internet marketing. People who are into staying connected and finding everything they want in a snap would find video marketing a really effective and helpful way to shop and look for services without much effort.
Location and Target Friendly
You can specify your target audience as well as the locations where you would like your videos to be shown. This works regardless of whether you have a local business that you would like to promote or if you’re hired to make videos for nationwide businesses.
Disadvantages of Video Marketing
There are several things that you might call limitations in terms of using video marketing as an Internet business model. Consumers will not be able to physically take a sample of the products that you are promoting. If you are the one in charge of coming up with the video, you need to have the required skills to make the video ad so the final product is flawless. Another fact to consider is that some videos are believed to be scams, so be careful with regard to the ads that you respond to.
How to Start Video Marketing
Make a profitable business venture through video marketing and here’s how you can be the king of Internet businesses:
1. Be a video editing master. If you are into video making and you have the skills to turn simple storylines or concepts into amazing videos, this is the perfect business for you. Be creative and you can become successful.
2. Invest in video editing programs and software which can be pretty easy to find. There are some that are highly sophisticated and expensive but you can also purchase software that’s very affordable, user friendly and is still able to create fantastic video effects as well.
3. Find your target market. Remember that you can choose which kinds of videos you want to make so think about your concepts, ideas and the types of products that you want to work on.
2. Email Marketing
Making extra money can be done through email marketing. If you are constantly online checking your emails or chatting with your friends, email marketing can be your way to earning enough to start a permanent Internet business. You can send emails to promote products, services and events. Email marketing can help retain loyal clients so you need to appreciate the value of the business they bring in.
How will You Earn Money through Emails?
• Email marketing requires you to have a target list of recipients – a list of people who are scheduled to receive your email advertisements. If you’re working for an online company that usually sends out newsletters and virtual coupons to their customers, you can get your updated list from them. To get your lists of recipients organized, an autoresponder can be of great help.
• You also have to collect new email addresses by getting people to subscribe to your emails. So how can you convince guests to subscribe? You can send gift cards, coupons, newsletters, articles, ebooks, and other useful products that will benefit them.
• Once you have a regular email following, you can earn money from selling good quality products or services to your list of subscribers. Be careful that you don’t overdo the sales-type emails or people will unsubscribe very quickly.
• Choose from three types of email marketing: Direct email, retention and advertising for other people.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Email Marketing
This is a business that you can run without spending too much money. This low-cost business can help you earn money faster than you can take a dollar out of your wallet. You can also reach your target client instantly. Another good thing about email marketing is that you can add a touch of creativity through personalized emails. Businesses also go for this type of Internet marketing to reach out to a lot of people without spending too much on snail mail or hiring people to distribute flyers or put up posters. At the same time, including complementary gift coupons in your emails is a great way to keep your loyal customers happy.
On the other hand, there are several downsides to email marketing. Sometimes Internet connection glitches can cause email delivery failures so members of your list don’t receive whatever you’re sending them. It can be dangerous to send the same email more than once in case it’s viewed as spam and you get marked as a spammer. If this happens, you will be completely blocked from their virtual mailboxes. Spamming also started the feud between email marketers and the law. Due to the increase in the
number of hackers and spammers in the virtual world, laws have been passed to punish those who are found guilty of spamming.
3. Article Marketing
Write your way to a successful Internet business through article marketing. This viral marketing tactic is all about writing and hiring freelance writers to compose ads and feature articles to promote their businesses, products and services. These articles are usually keyword-centric, which means that when you write for a client, you will be asked to compose your articles around specific keywords or phrases. These words are then linked to the client’s actual website.
Tips to Start Earning Money through Article Marketing
Remember that if you want to earn money through this Internet business model, you have to be specific about what you write because article sites such as about.com, ezine.com and ehow.com are very particular about the content of each article they receive. If your posts have passed their quality checks, you can be sure that you’ll get paid for your work. All important information should be included in your articles and a resource box needs to be added if you’re quoting lines or phrases from existing posts on the Internet.
You also need to find clients that will pay on a regular basis and agree on what that basis will be. If you are wondering how you are going to get paid, there are several ways to receive money from clients. They include: direct deposits, credit cards, moneygrams and online payment transaction sites
such as PayPal.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Article Marketing
If you are seriously thinking about taking on article writing, you need to understand the benefits you can get out of this business. One positive thing about article marketing is the fact that finding clients is not that difficult, although it will depend on how much you’re willing to accept to do the work.
There are tons of legit online job postings for content writing so there would be potential jobs available a lot of the time. Another great thing about this is that payment can be received instantly. Depending on your agreement with your clients, you can get paid straightaway, weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Experienced writers should be able to write about a wide range of topics. The more flexibility you have in this area, the more work you will be able to do. Work can include: articles, blog posts, product reviews, news items, product intros, ebooks, reports, resumes and much more. Your working week will be filled with variety and new things to write about.
When it comes to the “cons” of article marketing, there are several points that you also need to consider. Since there are thousands of article writers that are competing for jobs, there will be times when you will be offered low rates. This means there is no guarantee that you will be earning thousands of dollars at a time. The chances of having duplicates or articles having similar content is very high. You may end up revising your material just to meet client requirements.
4. Membership websites
There is another Internet business model that you should take a look at before deciding which home based web business you would like to start. Membership websites are slowly making a mark on the Internet business arena, especially amongst business owners who would like to promote their products and services as well as people wanting to start their own Internet based business. Developing such websites can be based on specific themes such as those that concern improving one’s lifestyle, health and even fortune.
What are the different types of membership websites and how can I earn money from them?
Learn about the different types of membership websites and find out how you will be able to earn more money from each.
a. eLearning membership sites concentrate on teaching people. Usually geared towards home-schooling, these websites will ask members to sign up and pay a fee to work their way towards a specific degree. It could be for a Foreclosure Inspector, a Masters Degree in language or Public Administration. Some can even learn new languages through these membership websites. How will you earn money? Whether you are an online instructor, a website developer, a client or a creative businessman, you will surely find ways to earn money through eLearning membership websites.
b. Social Networking – anyone who has access to the Internet will almost definitely have a social networking site they have signed up for. Sites such as Facebook.com, Plaxo.com and MySpace.com are all membership based and you can sign up for free. But you also have an opportunity to earn big bucks through marketing posts, tagging ads and videos.
c. Goal-specific sites are based on specific industries such as teaching people how to bake or sell recipes and baking products. You could start a website that offers new computer software downloads, clothing wear or information and products related to health.
Tips when Starting your Own Membership Websites
If you have decided to create your own membership site, you need to choose what kind of site you would like to develop. Your target clientele should also be kept in mind.
You also need to find reliable website-making software as well as a good source of clients. Once you have set up your site, you have to make sure that you post informative, accurate content as well.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Membership Websites
This form of Internet business can be really beneficial for you, especially if you are looking for a regular monthly income. You do not need to hold a specific degree to succeed in this type of business. You just design a membership website with a specific theme and let your merchants and
writers do the rest for you. A lot of people are looking for reliable websites to gain more information about their interests and at the same time a virtual shop where they can get new products and services.
What about the disadvantages of membership websites? Although the business doesn’t require expertise or mad skills, you will be required to stay passionate about the sites at all times. Lack of passion and management will eventually cause your business to crumble. This means you have to keep updating the site to avoid it becoming boring and old news. This is target specific which means that the website should be organized and up
Confused about which Internet business model to choose? Let’s help you choose the right one for you.
First, you have to ask yourself, which business model captured my interest the most?
If you think you can handle creating new products by writing interesting blog posts or ebooks, by all means start a Product Creation business and set up your website.
You can start earning money on a regular basis after a while if you’re good at what you do. However, you also have the opportunity to bump up your earnings by combining your existing business model with another.
Your product creation business may be booming, but you can still add more flare to your business by working with merchants to market their business as well. You can write article marketing posts to help advertise products and services for a fee.
If you want to take it up to a much higher level, you can start your own membership website that caters to online businesses and sells articles online.
Learning and Internet Businesses
Just like the old adage “Rome wasn’t built in a day,” your Internet business success will not happen overnight. This means you need to keep coming up with new ideas to improve and promote your business.
In the same way, you need to keep learning new tricks of the trade to keep your new venture afloat. You can enroll in web-based business courses and consult marketing experts and other Internet business professionals for new ideas, solution to business concerns and answers to your existing business related questions.
You also need to be aware that 95% of all Internet businesses fail within the first 5 years. But do not let this discourage you from pursuing your business dreams. Accept the fact that you may or may not succeed and work hard to avoid bad things from happening.
Hone your skills, never stop learning, stay positive, be open-minded and you and your Internet business will definitely go places.